Most applications would take four weeks to process. The exact time it will take depends on:

  • whether you have provided all supporting documents with your application.
  • whether DIBP needs additional information to finalise decision.
  • whether you need to undergo health checks or provide biometric information.
  • Application for Vocational Education would take much longer than Higher Education.

To satisfy the Genuine Temporary Entrant criterion, your individual circumstances must demonstrate that you genuinely intend to stay in Australia temporarily. The factors that are considered in the GTE include: your personal circumstances in your home country; your potential circumstances in Australia; how studying in Australia will benefit your future career; all your immigration history and any other relevant intention to remain that you will be in Australia temporarily.

Statement of Purpose should include the following:

  • Applicant's Background
  • Education & professional experience
  • Explain your future and immediate goals
  • Why did you choose this course?
  • Why in this College/Institution?
  • Why did you not choose an Institute in your or other country?
  • How this will help you in your future
  • Justify return on investment

Student visa holders cannot work until they have commenced their course in Australia. Once your course has commenced you are permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight (period of 14 days) when your course is in session, and unlimited hours when your course is not in session, that is during school breaks.

Work that is a formal registered part of your course is not included in the limit of 40 hours per fortnight.

Students found to have breached their work conditions might be subject to cancellation of their visa.

You must obtain a TFN (Tax File Number) to be able to work in Australia. This is available from the You must obtain a Tax File Number to be able to work in Australia. This is available from the Australian Tax Office or it's website.

Your dependent must not start work until you as the primary visa holder has commenced course in Australia. They can work up to 40 hours per fortnight. However, if the primary visa holder has commenced a course towards a masters or doctoral degree and holds a Student visa (subclass 500) there is no limit on the number of hours a family member can work.

Shared accommodations are around $180 -$220/week. Single rooms’ prices are around $250 - $350 / week.

The duration of the student visa depends on the duration of the course that you are going to study. Usually your visa will be granted 2 months more than your course completion date stated on the CoE.

You must have adequate health insurance while in Australia. Students can show this by obtaining Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance.

The VET (Vocational Education and Training) sector include the following types or qualifications: Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advance Diploma.

You can apply for another visa in Australia while you are holding a substantive visa. You may extend or renew your student visa for further studies.

We will help you decide which University/College/Institute… is suitable for you to reach your goals.

The following minimum test scores are acceptable:

IELTS — 5.5

TOEFL (internet-based test) — 46

CAE — 162

PTE Academic — 42

Yes, you may withdraw your application anytime but the DIBP visa fees are not refundable. All colleges and universities have their own policies for refund, you may refer back to your Letter of Offer for details.

OSHC fees are refundable.

Yes, tuition fees are fully refunded but the application fee is non-refundable. Most application fees are usually $200 (approximately).

The Tuition Protection Service (TPS) which is an initiative of the Australian Government to assist international students whose education providers are unable to fully deliver their course of study. The TPS ensures that international students are able to either:

  • complete their studies in another course or with another education provider or
  • receive a refund of their unspent tuition fees

If you meet the Australian study and English Language requirement you may be eligible for any of the two below visa:

  1. Graduate Work stream - 18 months
  2. Post-Study Work stream - two to four years

For example – you have completed a Bachelor or Master degree in Australia studying CRICOS registered courses minimum 2 years, obtained Overall 6 (minimum 5 in each) in IELTS and age below 50 you may apply for SC485 (Post-Study Stream) for 2 years. This would allow you and your dependant applicants multiple entry with unlimited hours work rights.

The Graduate Work stream is for international students who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation considered in demand in the Australian labour market, as indicated in the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). A visa in this stream is generally granted for 18 months.

You can only qualify for a Post Study Work Visa if you have applied for and been granted your first student visa on or after 5 November 2011. For the purposes of applying for a subclass 485 visa under the Post-Study Work stream, only study that results in the conferral of an eligible degree level qualification will be considered. An eligible degree level qualification is a:

  • Bachelor degree
  • Bachelor (honours) degree
  • Masters by coursework degree
  • Masters (extended) degree
  • Masters by research degree
  • Doctoral degree

Book an Appointment or Quick Enquiry

© 2007-2018 PACE Migration & Education Consultancy. All Rights Reserved.